Monday, March 24, 2008

Tales from the Mysterious Metro...

Jeremy and I returned from our trip to Washington D.C. last night. We had a wonderful time!

We arrived Saturday and went out for dinner and drinks at a brewery with one of my best friends, Mara, and her boyfriend, Paul.

Here's us on the Metro. We're still smiling, because we have no idea the drama that awaits us. The Metro managed to breakdown or have issues EVERY TIME we got on it that day. It was awful!


Here's a shot of the Capitol, and the traffic!

And the last picture before my camera battery died, a T-Rex at the Museum of Natural History.

Jeremy and I enjoyed a romantic trip around the city in a limo on Sunday night to celebrate our 1-year anniversary (which is actually this Monday, the 24th). We decided we would rather spend it on the town in D.C. than in Anniston!

Our hotel was great. We got upgraded to a suite, because of the dogs (apparently they are only allowed in certain rooms). One issue, however, was thin walls. Our neighbors were a bit noisy ALL NIGHT, if you catch my drift...

We spent part of St. Patty's Day with Mara and Paul, and the rest down in Arlington with our friend Tim, who used to work in Naples, but now works at The Washington Post. Tim and his boss, Rob Curley, are new media whiz-kids. And, lucky for us, they have asked us to join them for our internship period in May! Hooray!

On Thursday, Jeremy and I visited my aunt and uncle, who were kind enough to take us in for a few days. They also put us on their horses!

Here's Jeremy's first EVER ride on a horse! Apache was very kind to him!

Cher, however, enjoyed running me into the fences and nearly knocking me off by running under a tree branch!


After this, we went down to Asheville and stopped at a couple of nice wineries on the way. We had wonderful food and wine while in Asheville, and I got a beautiful anniversary gift.

Jeremy and I went "gem mining" in a town about 50 miles from Asheville and found some emeralds, one of which, as I type, is being made into something like this:


Woohoo!!!

1 comment:

Barb said...

you and horses ~ you should know better! And hey, I thought that emerald ring was for me! WAAAHH
LYM