Monday, March 24, 2008

Still Got That New Marriage Smell...

Hooray! Today is mine and Jeremy's 1-year wedding anniversary!


It's been a great year, filled with laughter, surprises, and togetherness in the face of adversity.

Since our wedding day we've traveled to Antigua, Washington D.C., Savannah, all over Florida, and to parts of North Carolina, including my alma mater in Boone.

We've quit our jobs, gone back to school, moved to Alabama (for school), made new friends, gotten a new puppy, and made life-altering decisions about our future careers.

We've also had some hard times. We lost my beagle, Pickle, my beloved great-grandmother, Grums, and a dear friend, Gregory Lang. We've missed our friends and family back home, and dealt with some minor medical issues and the ensuing bills.

On our honeymoon we spoke to a couple who laughed at us and said our first year of marriage would be terrible and difficult. Maybe I'm being premature in saying this, but we really have had a wonderful first year.

Jeremy's support as a partner, spouse, and friend have been unwavering. Like any married couple, we suffer bouts of miscommunication, but they are always quickly resolved. I love him with all my heart, and it's obvious from the pillow he carries me around on that he feels the same way. (And it's not just because I bought him the MLB Extra Innings package for his anniversary gift!)

I know we've been blessed with each other, but we couldn't be who we are without all of our friends and family. So, to you all, thank you for your love and support in our first year. We hope you'll all be with us when we celebrate our 50th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! What a coincidence -Mark bought me the MLB HD package so I can watch my beloved Red Sox. "It's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year through Clark." (Although, it's much better than being enrolled in a Jelly of the Month club!)
Michelle