Monday, March 24, 2008

It Keeps Pulling Me Back In...

So, the time has come to make a big announcement. Last month, I received a letter from the University of Florida, which began like this:

Congratulations! It gives us great pleasure to inform you that the College of Journalism and Communications Doctoral Application Review Committee has approved your application for doctoral studies for the Fall, 2008 semester.


Last weekend, I received a call from Dr. Dodd at the university, offering me a teaching fellowship.

Today, I formally responded:

I would like to extend my gratitude to the University of Florida’s College of Journalism and Communications regarding my acceptance into its doctoral program. I am writing, with great pleasure, to inform the school of my decision to attend the University of Florida during the Fall 2008 semester.


Here I am, signing the letter of acceptance: (this is more for posterity than anything else!)




Here's Jeremy celebrating my new status as a Gator!


I will be teaching two sections of mass communication writing lab (about 40 students) while attending classes to obtain my PhD. in journalism. My research will involve something in the social science realm (likely inter-newsroom work), but I am a long way off from deciding on a dissertation topic.

It's going to be a long three years, but right now, we are excited! Thanks to everyone who was "in the know" for your support during this LONG application process!

And to my friends and family back in Florida, see ya real soon!!!

No comments: