Sunday, October 28, 2007

What knockers!...

So, one of the greatest things to ever happen to theatre will make its debut tomorrow: Young Frankenstein! One of the best movies of all time ...

...is sure to become one of the greatest theatrical performances!



There are three main reasons this show is sure to be a success:





1) Megan Mullally -- you probably know her best from her role on Will & Grace as Karen, Grace's obnoxious secretary. On Broadway, she was amazing as Rosemary in the fantastic show "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."









She will star as Elizabeth, the role originated by the legendary Madeline Kahn. I can't think of a better fit.







2) Roger Bart -- he had a role as Bree's love interest on Desperate Housewives, but was, by far, the memorable in the remake of "The Producers" as Carmen Ghia, the personal assistant and lover of director Roger Dupree. (Bart on left) He will star as Frederick Frankenstein (Froderick Fraankentein).












3) Susan Stroman -- director and choreographer of the remake of "The Producers." She hit it out of the park with that one. No doubt, she will do it again.








So, anyone up for a trip to NYC??

4 comments:

Barb said...

Me, Me, Me. I didn't know anything about this but how absolutely cool. Of course, if we went we'd end up doing the lines with them!
Love you

Jeremy Cox said...

Warm up the car.

Ginky said...

Hey, wait till I have my new car - end of next month - if your raven mother will let me. Then it will be Us, US, Us, if I am lucky and she doesn't kill me first. By the way, "What knockers?" Anyway, can we go, Sweetness? I'll tape the show with you guys, of course. Left some good comments on Jeremy's blog, then I couldn't remember his e-mail, shucks, tough luck, I know. will have to wait till I see you guys. Right now I am a little blotto. Tootles, LY Auntie Mame

Anonymous said...

can i go too. i just got back from nyc a few days ago and i am dying to go back!!