Friday, November 02, 2007

Jenny says...

So, last night Jeremy and I acted like real college students and took a Thursday night roadtrip 2 hours to Tuscaloosa to see a band perform at 11 p.m. We didn't get home until 3 a.m., our ears are ringing, and our throats are killing us. It was GREAT!

We saw Cowboy Mouth, one of my favorite bands from my Appalachian days. My friend, Jen, turned me onto them, but I never actually got the opportunity to see them live.

Jeremy & I have argued over the best way to classify Cowboy Mouth's music. He calls it a heartland/rock combo. I say it's Cajun/Country/Ska. Whatever the case, it rocks! Here's a really bad, short video clip I took last night. You can be the judge. It's from their most popular song, "Jenny Says."



The concert was fantastic. The lead singer, Fred LeBlanc, was great at riling up the crowd. They played four songs from my favorite album, "Are You With Me?" and a good selection from their latest album "Voodoo Shop," which is a fantastic album, by the way. Here's the full playlist I got from the roadie:



The concert was at a Tuscaloosa bar, Legacy on the Strip. It really made me wish we were taking classes on the University of Alabama campus, instead of 2 hours away in Anniston. The strip of bars looked fantastic!

Anyway, here are some pictures from the show. Forgive the white haze -- I was standing next to the smoke machine!




After the show, we got to meet the band, which was awesome! They were all so humble. They seemed grateful to me that I wanted their pictures and autographs. Here's me with the band:

Me with lead singer/amazing drummer Fred LeBlanc:

Me with bassist Regina Zernay:

Me with guitarist Vance Degeneres:

No comments: