Sunday, November 04, 2007

Cold winters make for dapper pups...

So, first, a note of apology to all those who have called me, whom I have yet to call back. Jeremy and I have been buried under a pile of schoolwork (a.k.a., 20-page papers) for the past couple of weeks. If you don't believe me, here's a picture of my Saturday night (note my furry study buddies in their usual locations):



They are all due by Thanksgiving, which means I shall be having many cocktails with my turkey this year! Anyway, I apologize for being a bad friend, but I promise to return calls soon.

Things are definitely cooling down here in Anniston. The temperature is expected to dip into the 30s tonight! To illustrate our chilliness, here are some pictures of the puppies in their jackets!

(For the record, we are not "those people," who like to dress our animals up! These are weenie dachsunds, who shiver when the temperature dips below 70, so the jackets are a must! And, let's face it, they look SO cute in them!)

Nacho looks ready for a day at the country club with Biff & Buffy...

Oscar looks quite the "pup about town" in his lumberjack jacket... (I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK -- Gulley, Rich, you with me on that one?)

You see how Nacho really feels about his sweater...


And so, the epic battle of puppy versus sweater begins...


Oscar looks on with little interest. He is too busy enjoying his jacket, which he literally leaps up and down for when we bring it out...


And still, the war continues...


At last, both jackets are bested, and the pups resume their usual brawl against each other!

3 comments:

I, Robot said...

"I cut down trees, I skip and jump, I like to press wildflowers..." Indeed. The Snausages look cute. How are you and Jeremy finding the transition to the MacBook and OS X?

Barb said...

Love all the pictures of the puppers. I miss them. Can't wait to see you all again. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm with you! "I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear Papa!" Maxwell has temperature tolerance issues as well, as he has almost no undercoat. I think he's going to need some winter clothing too!