Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Is that a leg?...

Just wanted to update everyone on my pregnant Aunt Valerie's condition.

She and her husband, Mark, went in for the first sonogram today. According to the doctor, the baby and mom are healthy as can be. The baby appears to have two legs and arms.


No news on the sex of the child, although I don't think there will be until the baby is born, as Val and Mark do not want to know. Although, based on a dream I had, I do have a guess... I promised Val I would keep it to myself, though!

As for Val, her iron levels are normal, and everything looks good. She has been fortunate enough not to suffer from any morning sickness (knock on wood), and says she feels completely normal. She and Mark were, of course, thrilled to hear a strong heartbeat on the baby for the very first time today.

One interesting piece of information: Apparently, because Val's blood type is O negative, she will need to receive a special shot in the coming months. If the baby's blood type is anything but O negative, the mixture of the two blood types could harm the baby. Nothing to be alarmed about. I just thought it was interesting.

On an unrelated note, fall is rapidly descending upon us here in Anniston. Today, it was a chilly 56 degrees. The temperatures are not supposed to climb above 70 in the foreseeable future, and the lows at night are expected to be in the upper-40s. Hooray!

No comments: