Sunday, October 21, 2007

Welcome to Anniston (part 1)...

My mom, brother and sister came to Anniston for a visit this weekend, and we had a fun-filled visit. Surprisingly, we were able to find enough activities to occupy us all in this area.

After lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Frontera, we took a drive around town, and wound up at Anniston's own winery, White Oak Vineyard. The winery is privately owned, and the wine is absolutely delicious. Plus, the scenery is wonderful!


After a tour of the very uninteresting town of Heflin, we found an overlook near our house in the national wildlife refuge.



Nathaniel was able to run around and get dirty...



Julianne found some pretty leaves...



And, we managed not to get blown up!


Next, we went to the Anniston Natural History Museum to see "A T-Rex Named Sue."


We amused ourselves by growling like lions...



Running from bears...



And, from elephants (sorry, no tigers).



All told, we had a great time.

Mom has pictures of the rest of our adventures. I will continue this story when she recovers from the 10-hour drive, and posts her pictures!

3 comments:

I, Robot said...

Pictures are up.

I'm truly sorry I wasn't able to come, especially because I had to stay mostly for appearances. Not that I'm bitter... ;-)

Barb said...

Pictures are now up on Flickr thanks to my wonderful husband ~ who is leaving me tonight (not that I'm bitter). Seriously we had a wonderful time. Thanks again. Love you

Anonymous said...

Aww, Big Fancy Restaurant is getting so big and.... fancy. Oh wait.