Saturday, October 25, 2008

Finally Facing My Waterloo...

I've decided I was born in the wrong decade. 

I have always loved some of the big 70s disco hits: "Stayin' Alive," "Get Down Tonight," and, of course, "Dancing Queen." But ever since I went to see Mamma Mia this summer, Abba fever has swept over me.

Last weekend, my condition advanced to Abbamania!

Since I've had Abba Gold playing nonstop in my car, I've been an addict. Even Jeremy couldn't resist some of the catchiest tunes, like "Lay Your Love on Me" and "Voulez Vous."

So, being the wonderful husband he is, Jeremy sucked up his manly pride and surprised me with tickets to Abbamania Friday. 

We were told the show would be symphonic versions of Abba songs, which was partially true... 


Little did we know, the symphony orchestra was accompanied by four singers, dressed as Abba look-alikes.

(Yikes...)


Some highlights from the show:

- The lead violinist got the giggles at the start of the show and couldn't stop laughing throughout.

- A group of ladies, clearly on a "girl's night out," were jumping and dancing in the balcony across from us, which was situated directly above the stage.

- The entire audience consisted of bored septuagenarians, who were clearly annoyed that their symphony season tickets went toward a show like this.

- But even the oldies got into it when they played "Fernando," and the entire audience was swaying back and forth with their hands in the air.

It was a great night, filled with tons of fun numbers and great memories.

And if anyone dares question the merits of Abba, I leave you with this album cover:


Enough said!





1 comment:

Barb said...

That's okay your little sister walks around the house all day singing "Honey, Honey" which is her favorite from Mama Mia. THANKS!!!