Monday, July 28, 2008

Just Beachy...

I reclaimed my Floridian status today by making my first trip to the beach.

I can't even tell you how wonderful it is, not only to be back on Florida's beaches, but to be back on the east coast of Florida! 

Living in Naples, I hated the beaches! The water always felt like warm bath water -- it wasn't even refreshing. Also, I always had to do "the sting ray shuffle" to avoid stepping on a ray (which I actually did once).

On the east coast, the water is nice and cool, and totally refreshing. Also, there are great waves to body surf on, as opposed to the completely still Gulf of Mexico.

It was nice and quiet out there this morning...


And you might notice one of my favorite features of the Jacksonville beach I visited today, no hotels and mansions crowding the shoreline!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must respectfully disagree my friend! West Coast beaches rule - I'll take the Lake of Mexico and its beautiful sunsets any day over the freezing Atlantic (does this mean we can't be friends any more?) :-)