Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Travelin' Coxes Part II...

On Christmas Eve, we journeyed south to Pembroke Pines to fulfill a series of Christmas Eve traditions. We drove around the block singing "The 12 Days of Christmas," poured some cocktails, wrapped gifts, and watched the Christmas Story marathon.

The next morning, we celebrated a wonderful Christmas.

Here's James and Nacho overseeing the gift unwrapping:

Dad enjoyed his new Appalachian T-shirt and season 1 of "The Sarah Silverman Show."


James liked his iPod recording device...


And I think it is safe to say, Josh enjoyed his gift...

A plane ticket to visit us in Anniston for five days!


Jeremy got lots of books and clothes, including a peacoat and bath robe.


I absolutely loved my beautiful heart necklace that he got me!


We spent the rest of the day relaxing and visiting with extended family and puppies.


Later in our travels, we took in a Florida Panthers game. The game didn't get interesting until the thrid quarter when the Flyers finally scored. The Panthers, unfortunately, never did.


We had a nice New Year's playing cards with family and friends. We spent my birthday on the 3rd enjoying a wonderful dinner at The Melting Pot.
I was very excited to learn my birthday present from Jeremy was two tickets to see Movin' Out with Jeremy in Huntsville in March!


We traveled back to Melbourne with help from our new friend, Tom Tom, which was a birthday gift from Dad and Mindy. Then, I went on a shopping trip with mom for my birthday, which was fun.

We finished the evening with cocktails and dinner at a place called City Bistro. It was delicious.

Now, we are back home, and preparing for class tomorrow. This semester, we only have classes on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday! WOOHOO! We have editorial leadership and grand rounds Monday, research menthods Tuesday and newspaper management Wednesday.

Oh, one more thing: Jeremy and I both got our history research papers selected to present at a conference in Panama City in February, which is almost as good as getting them published! We are very excited! It's a great opportunity to network and great for our resumes!

Wish us luck on a great semester!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Great post Jen. Love seeing the "rest" of your Christmas trip. I never did see the necklace Jeremy got you. Glad Tom-Tom got you home safe and sound. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Silly girl! Don't you know that hockey games have periods, not quarters? ;) I hope that you had a great birthday! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

I see that you will be in huntsville in march! You must call so we can have dinner or something! i miss you guys and I am just an 45 mins from huntsville!