Sunday, September 16, 2007

Turn, Turn, Turn...

I've spent an unfortunate amount of time talking about loss lately. But it seems whenever one light burns out, another brightens the dark.

With that in mind, I can think of no better time to reveal two thrilling pieces of news: Val and Alex are both pregnant!

Most of you know Val: my aunt/sister. We grew up together, and are only 5 years apart. She and her husband, Mark, were married in June, and live near Orlando. They couldn't be more thrilled, and I couldn't be more excited at the prospect of being an aunt in May!







Me receiving the news while walking at Mount Cheaha!








Val is an incredible third grade teacher. The way she connects with her students while maintaining her role as an authority figure is excellent.

Since we were kids, she has always looked out for me, and, whether I liked it or not, she has taken charge. She's watched over my younger cousins since they were born, and helped them all with anything they have ever needed.








Obviously, there is no doubt in my mind that she'll be a fantastic mother.







My somewhat adopted sister, Alex, and her husband, Adam, are expecting their second child in January. They've been so great with Tyler (Tyler Monster to me!), and I know they'll be just as wonderful with their second little boy!








Tyler Monster!















Mom, Alex & Me!











Please join me in congratulating them both! I'll make sure to post their progress, starting now:











What Val's baby looks like -- 7 weeks old!
(Not the actual baby!)

No comments: