Saturday, September 29, 2007

Pitter patter...

After losing Pickle, we knew our family would never be the same. His place in our hearts will remain his forever and ever.

Still, we knew there would be room in our hearts and homes for another dog someday. Today is that day.

Please say hello to Nacho Pickle Cox, the newest member of our little family.


We met Nacho yesterday while we were walking Oscar around a lake in Oxford, just outside our hometown of Anniston. He is a 10-week-old, red dachshund, with one brown eye and one blue eye. His owners, a nice, young couple, do not have room in their small apartment for another dog (they own Nacho's mom and dad). They wanted a good home for the pup, and we are fortunate enough to be able to give it to him.

His big brother, Oscar, has already taken to him. The pair was inseparable from the moment Nacho arrived. They played outside for 15 minutes, and both are now napping!

I believe in serendipity. I'm not sure Jeremy and I were quite ready to open our hearts to another dog yet. We had planned to wait until Christmas before getting another dog.

But I believe in the mysterious ways of fate, and when fate plunks something obvious in your lap, you have to take the chance. Maybe we are not quite ready, but Oscar most certainly was. He needs companionship, and Nacho has helped fill that hole for him.

As I said, nothing and no one will ever take Pickle's place. We just want to share the love we gave him when he was with us as best we can. Hopefully, we'll be the best parents to Nacho and Oscar that we can possibly be.



4 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my God.. he is sooo tiny and so cute. I can't wait to meet him

Anonymous said...

For christmas I want Nacho please! please! please!

Anonymous said...

Sissy,Jeremy,I hope this go's well for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to meeting him. The pics didn't come through for me, though. Can you email one to me?