Monday, October 24, 2005

Still standing...

For those of you who have been waiting anxiously on the edge of your seats to see if you still have a friend Jen living in South Florida, relax. All is well here in Naples following Hurricane Wilma's strike.

As expected, our power is out, but we still have water. Every tree in our apartment complex is down, and the parking lot has so many green leaves sprayed around it that it looks like Emerald City.

But, after a long day driving around and interviewing people in Marco Island and surrounding areas, everyone here seems to be fine, and the damage appears to be minimal.

The Naples Daily News is kicking ass and taking names covering this storm. We've gotten into places and talked to people that even the national media cannot get to.

If you want to know what I've been up to all morning, check out our Web site at www.naplesnews.com, and look for coverage of Marco Island.

Also, Jeremy had an interesting blog posted about his night in the Marco Island Fire Department, where he rode out the storm.

I'll be posting more about my night sleeping in the hallway of our apartment later on, but I just wanted to send a quick update to let everyone know we're alright.

Until I write again, just know I'll be busy reciting my new mantra: "Just 3 days 'till vacation..."

No comments: