Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Walk in My Shoes...

Jeremy and I traveled to Gainesville last weekend for a picnic with some of my fellow graduate students. We had a great time chatting with my classmates and professors at Gainesville's private lake, Lake Wauberg.

Afterwards, Jeremy and I went over to the university so he could show me around the parts of campus I have yet to traverse. 

Here we are in the music building:


UF has one of the largest pipe organs in the country. Here's Jeremy demonstrating its enormity: 


And here's the famous bell tower. It might look familiar if you remember the movie Parenthood. It's from the scene where Kevin Buckman goes on a shooting spree in Steve Martin's dream!


This is my home away from home: Weimer Hall. All of my classes are here, including the ones I teach. The other day, I never left the third floor in eight hours! Sad...


And this is the semi-new duck pond amphitheater. I haven't been around to see anything happening there, but I'm told it's pretty cool. 



By the way, in case you missed it, the Gators are 3-0 after our major triumph over Tennessee this weekend! GO GATORS!!!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Nice to see a post again ~ I know how busy you are. It helps me when I can see where you spend your time. Then I can picture you there. Been missing you a lot lately. Hoping to see you in a couple of weeks. Love to all ~ Me

Anna said...

nice to see pictures of your campus..