Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Curse of the Currency...

Welcome back to Floodgate 2008!

Uncle Keith, Kyle, Jeremy, and Aunt Lucille's dad spent the ripping the carpet out of the basement.

First they had to take apart the two water beds:

Here's a look at the room we're staying in, sans carpet:

And here's the water pump, where the trouble began:

Needless to say, it was a tiring day for the guys. I went on a lunch/beer run and helped do a little housework upstairs.

Then, just when we thought things were looking up, we had a furry visitor scurry across the living room.

Unfortunately, I didn't catch a picture of the mouse, but I did take some pictures of the aftermath:

Here's the living room, where the great caper occurred:


Jeremy was our brave captor, though he clearly did not enjoy it!


Uncle Keith and Kyle were kind enough to take the little fella outside and release him.


I feel compelled at this point to tell you that floods and mice are not regular occurrences at my aunt and uncle's house. In fact, the flood was a first and the mouse was the second since they moved in several years ago.

Now, I'm not a superstitious person. However, there is one thing that has been proven to deliver bad luck to me and my family for years:

Every time my family has uncovered a $2, something terrible has happened. Usually, it is financial.

This time was no exception.

When they were clearing out Quest's water bed, that is exactly what they found beneath the mattress.

It never fails...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what caused the flood?