Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Baby Talk...

This weekend I traveled to Atlanta for the first of Val's baby showers. We had a great time hanging out with Val and catching up.

Here's us at a very nice restaurant, where Niki treated us to lunch. Below, from left, is Niki, Val, Cherie Beth (my cousin), and Cherie (my great aunt).


My job was to provide the cake, which was supposed to have an "Under the Sea" theme to match Val and Mark's nusery. If this is "Under the Sea," can anyone tell me what thoes white and gray things are?


Here's the only picture I have that really shows off Val's belly. She's six months along now, but she's only gained 11 pounds!


I actually took on the task of designing and making a quilt, which I have never had an interest in and have never done before.

I think it came out pretty cute, if I do say so myself. Val's favorite color is green, and originally I thought they were going with an animal theme, hence the lions and zebras!


And, for those of you who know me well, here's photographic proof I actually did this quilt mostly by myself. Mom supervised and sewed the back on, Julianne helped us design it and ironed all the pieces, and I did everything else.



Here's mom watching carefully, reserving comment about how slow I'm moving!


And, of course, her fixing one of my many mistakes!


We had a good time bonding, and I really enjoyed designing it, but, as I told Val, I won't be doing another one until she has her next child!!!

No comments: