Monday, August 04, 2008

Suddenly A-Parent...

Last week, Jeremy and I had our hands full with two delightful visitors: my brother and sister, Nathaniel & Julz.


We took them to downtown Jacksonville, where we walked for a long ways along the St. John's River. It was a beautiful, though humid, night.


We walked to a place called Jacksonville Landing, one of the coolest nightlife/restaurant/shopping areas I've seen in a downtown area. We had a great time people watching, and we enjoyed dinner at The American Cafe, while looking out at the river.

Then, we walked a ways farther to see the Jacksonville Suns (AA baseball team) pull out an amazing game.


The kids were thrilled to see two back-to-back home runs in the bottom of the ninth, and it was incredible to see the team come back after being down 8-2 in the sixth inning.

Of course, that didn't stop them from torturing each other during the slow points in the game!


Afterwards, we watched a great fireworks show, which wowed, deafened, and blinded us!


Afterwards, the kids were thrilled to take their first ever cab ride back to Jeremy's office, where our car was parked (we didn't want to walk the approximately two miles back at 11 p.m.).

As always, we took the kids bowling. Everyone had a good time (although my camera appeared to have been on the fritz, as most of the pictures from this point on turned out blurry...).

Here's Nathaniel showing us how it's done:


And Jeremy, who won the first game, but was no match for me in the second:



And me, showing off my skills:



But, as usual, the highlight of the weekend for the kids was plenty of puppy time. In fact, on the morning I brought the kids with me to Jacksonville, Julz opened her eyes wide (from a sound sleep), and exclaimed "PUPPIES!"


I guess we see where we rank!

No comments: