Monday, June 23, 2008

Annistonian panorama

You should really try not using air-conditioning in your car for a summer in Alabama. It's sort of the summertime equivalent of what those polar bear clubs do. But instead of jumping into freezing water, you immerse yourself in a metal box that's been baking in the sun all day. If you don't feel life rushing through your veins after that, you're not alive.

Anyway, my car sucks. But the heat situation does help with one thing -- convincing you to get out of the car every once in a while. On my way back home tonight from a community meeting about youth crime, I made a one-block detour to a bridge where you can get a great vista of downtown Anniston. I've been meaning for quite a while to take a picture from that vantage. And, with the setting sun painting the sides of the buildings, all the elements were in place tonight.

Now, if I could have figured out something to do with all those pesky powerlines.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Great pic darlin ~ and FYI those pesky power lines ~ I've got two words for you ~ Photo Shop!! LYM

I, Robot said...

Photoshop is one word, dear. ;-)

I, Robot said...

Oh, and nice picture, sir.