Sunday, April 06, 2008

Pea Soup and Pirates...

Last week, my dad and brother, Josh, came up for a short visit.

They arrived Wednesday, and, after running a few tedious errands with me, we sat outside playing Frisbee with the pups and drinking beers with our cool neighbors. Then, we stuffed ourselves on my homemade spaghetti while watching the Marlins game.

Thursday we decided to show dad the sights (Josh has already been here, but he came, too). Unfortunately, the fog made everything look like thick pea soup, so the view from the top of the mountains was less than impressive.

Here's dad wandering into the woods. (No, we didn't leave him there!)

Here's Josh, dad, and me with that breathtaking fog in the background!

After a trip to Goal Post BBQ (an Alabama favorite, but hardly a favorite of mine), we traveled the hour and a half over to Atlanta to see the Braves play the Pittsburgh Pirates at Turner Field.

Turner Field really is cool. There's a huge concourse where you can walk around. You can watch the pitchers warm up in their bullpens, play in batting and pitching cages, and even get a restaurant-style meal all in the ballpark.

But, in my mind, the biggest attraction at any Braves game is third baseman Chipper Jones. He has been my favorite for many, many years!

It was a great visit, though too short. All this fun could be yours if you would come visit us!! Our guest room is always ready!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Be there in a couple of days. Hope you changed the sheets!!! LYM

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.